These instructions are still far from complete. Hopefully this is enough to get you started...
The program requires a web server (obviously), a working Perl installation, and these Perl modules:
Your Perl installation might already have these, if not they are easily installed from CPAN on Unix
or PPM on Windows.
Here's a step-by-step list of what I had to do to get this working on our web server:
- Make sure your web server is functioning correctly
- Install Perl if you don't already have it
- Make sure you have the required modules
- perl -MCPAN -e shell
- install HTML::Template
- install XML::Simple
- Create a directory for your data, such as
- Be sure your Web User can write to the data directory
- Create a web accessable directory for Fits, such as
- /home/yourname/htdocs/fits (or /home/yourname/public_html/fits)
- Extract the Fits to this directory
- Copy the fits data from fits/data to your data directory
- copy everything in the data directory and any subdirectories
- Rename newpasswd.xml to passwd.xml
- this is done to prevent accidentally overwriting a file
- Create a directory for users' sites, such as
- /home/yourname/htdocs/staff (or /home/yourname/public_html/staff)
- Make sure files in the cgi-bin directory are executable
- Make sure user directories are writable by the Web User
- Edit cgi-bin/edit.cgi and set the correct directory paths and URL's.
- Log in as admin and create a test user.
- Let me know what doesn't work for you :-)